Burnt Oak Primary School
Kent ME7 1LS
Phone: 01634 334344
Fax: 01634 336689
“Enjoy, Achieve, Succeed”
Grade: Leadership Scale 18 - 24
Hours: Full time
We are seeking to recruit a dedicated and highly motivated Headteacher who is responsible for a climate of aspiration for pupil progress, well-being, and academic achievements; ensuring a high quality of education to allow all pupils to fulfil their potential to become successful lifelong learners.
Ofsted (May 2022) judged the school as providing a GOOD quality of education and with an overall effectiveness judgement of the same.
“Pupils are happy at school and enjoy their learning. Leaders ensure everyone is included. The school is a caring community.” (Ofsted May 2022)
Burnt Oak Primary School is a vibrant and welcoming school situated in lower Gillingham. We are a two-form entry school with a Nursery. The school is well resourced and has excellent ICT facilities. We have motivated and happy pupils who are eager to learn.
We are looking for a leader who:
- Is committed to a child centred approach to education and strives to realise the potential of every child.
- Drives the quality of education building and strengthening the school’s achievements for the community it serves.
- Is a strong leader, passionate about ensuring teachers and the wider staff have consistent high expectations for children’s achievement.
- Promotes a vision and ethos of the school towards an outstanding provision.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills to lead and empower a team within the school accountable to the local community which they serve.
What we can offer:
- A warm and supportive welcome.
- A friendly and enthusiastic staff team committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for all.
- Professional development.
Visits to the school to meet pupils and staff are expected.
For further details and to arrange a visit please contact the school office on 01634 334344.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children; therefore any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Start Date: September 2023
Closing Date: 4pm 27th January 2023
Interview: week commencing 20th February 2023