Burnt Oak Primary School
Kent ME7 1LS
Phone: 01634 334344
Fax: 01634 336689
“Enjoy, Achieve, Succeed”
“Burnt Oak Primary School believes that their school can make a difference to the pupils within it.”
Could you be part of the team that makes that difference?
Class Teacher – Maternity Cover
(1st September 2022 – 31st December 2022)
Grade: MPS – Salary: £25,714 - £36,961 per annum
Hours: Full time
“Burnt Oak Primary School believes that their school can make a difference to the pupils within it.” (IQM Assessor)
Would you like to be a part of this dynamic team which makes a true difference to our pupils’ lives?
Burnt Oak Primary School is a vibrant and welcoming school situated in lower Gillingham. We are a two-form entry school with a Nursery. The school is well resourced and has excellent ICT facilities. We have motivated and happy pupils who are eager to learn.
Through the dedication of our amazing staff, Burnt Oak Primary School succeeds in providing a learning environment where all pupils and staff, are helped to succeed. It is this dedication which led to the school achieving and retaining both the Inclusion Quality Mark and Centre of Excellence since 2017 and becoming a Flagship School in 2020.
Burnt Oak Primary School prides itself on its highly creative curriculum and the extensive extra-curricular activities which it offers pupils. Teachers are encouraged to be innovative and to engage pupils through exciting learning opportunities. Testament to the high quality of this curriculum are our recent Gold Sports Games and Best Literacy Innovation Awards.
We are seeking to recruit a dedicated and highly motivated teacher who can help us sustain the strong progress being made by the school.
We are looking for someone who:
- is experienced, energetic, talented and creative
- is an excellent classroom practitioner with a commitment to improve and develop
- is able to use their own initiative, contribute to and work as part of a team
- is able to motivate and inspire children of all abilities
- has high expectations of children’s attainment and behaviour.
What we can offer:
- a friendly and enthusiastic staff team as well as fantastic children
- a school where every child matters
- a supportive community school
- training opportunities through our CPD programme
- a creative curriculum and experiential learning opportunities
Visits to the school to meet pupils and staff are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
For further details or to arrange an informal visit please contact the school office on 01634 334344.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children, therefore any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Closing Date: 9am Monday 24th January 2022
Interview: week commencing Monday 31st January 2022