Burnt Oak Primary School
Kent ME7 1LS
Phone: 01634 334344
Fax: 01634 336689
“Enjoy, Achieve, Succeed”
“Burnt Oak Primary School believes that their school can make a difference to the pupils within it.”
Could you be part of the team that makes that difference?
EAL TEACHING ASSISTANT
Grade: D2 – Salary: £18,933 - £21,748 per annum (to be pro rata)
Hours: 27.17 hours per week, term time plus Staff Development Days (39 weeks per year)
Start date: 14th June 2021 or as near to this date as possible
Burnt Oak Primary School is a vibrant and welcoming school situated in lower Gillingham. We are a two-form entry school with a Nursery. The school is well resourced and has excellent ICT facilities. We have motivated and happy pupils who are eager to learn.
Through the dedication of the staff team, Burnt Oak Primary School succeeds in providing a learning environment where everyone, pupils and staff, are helped to succeed. It is this dedication which led to the school achieving and retaining both the Inclusion Quality Mark and Centre of Excellence since 2017 and becoming a Flagship School in 2020.
Burnt Oak Primary School prides itself on its highly creative curriculum and the extensive extra-curricular activities which it offers pupils. Teachers are encouraged to be innovative and to engage pupils through exciting learning opportunities. Testament to the high quality of this curriculum are our recent Gold Sports Games and Best Literacy Innovation Awards.
We are looking to appoint an extraordinary person to cover this important role in our school.
We are looking for someone who:
- is experienced, talented and creative
- can plan and implement programmes to raise the achievement of pupils with English as an additional language (EAL)
- support the management and organisation of EAL/bilingual pupils in the classroom, in small groups and in one to one situations
Previous training and experience of working with EAL pupils is desirable together with high standards of literacy and numeracy and the ability to work as part of a friendly and supportive team.
The successful applicant will be educated to NVQ Level 3 or above.
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous maternity and paternity leave and pay entitlement
- Generous adoption leave and pay entitlement
- Assisted car purchase scheme for support staff
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to the money advice service
- Salary sacrifice for cycle scheme
- Discounts and concessions through national and local retailers including travel, shopping, leisure, health and wellbeing, motoring and eye care voucher scheme
- Discounted local bus season ticket
- Medway Council offers
- Training opportunities through our CPD programme
For further details please contact the school office on 01634 334344.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children, therefore any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: 4pm Wednesday 12th May 2021
Interview: week commencing Monday 17th May 2021