Burnt Oak Primary School
Kent ME7 1LS
Phone: 01634 334344
Fax: 01634 336689
“Enjoy, Achieve, Succeed”
“Burnt Oak Primary School believes that their school can make a difference to the pupils within it.”
Could you be part of the team that makes that difference?
School Business Manager
Salary: B2 Point 26 - 35
Full Time and Permanent
Required From: ASAP
Burnt Oak Primary School is a vibrant and welcoming school situated in lower Gillingham. We are a two-form entry school with a Nursery. The school is well resourced and has excellent ICT facilities. We have motivated and happy pupils who are eager to learn.
Through the dedication of the staff team, Burnt Oak Primary School succeeds in providing a learning environment where everyone, pupils and staff, are helped to succeed. It is this dedication which led to the school achieving and retaining both the Inclusion Quality Mark and Centre of Excellence since 2017 and becoming a Flagship School in 2020.
Burnt Oak Primary School prides itself on its highly creative curriculum and the extensive extra-curricular activities which it offers pupils. Teachers are encouraged to be innovative and to engage pupils through exciting learning opportunities. Testament to the high quality of this curriculum are our recent Gold Sports Games and Best Literacy Innovation Awards.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced, dedicated and highly motivated Business Manager whose responsibilities will include the core areas of finance, personnel, premises and health and safety. This is an integral role of the school and you will be an active member of the Senior Leadership Team and will report to Governors at governing body meetings.
We are looking for someone who:
- has a proven track record of successfully managing an office
- has knowledge of using and creating reports in SIMS
- has knowledge of using an accountancy MIS finance package
- is able to contribute to, and work as part of a team
- is committed to high standards
- is able to motivate others
- has excellent communication skills
- has or willing to work towards Certificate/Diplomas of School Business Management
- holds an accountancy qualification (although not essential)
Prospective candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the school.
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous maternity and paternity leave and pay entitlement
- Generous adoption leave and pay entitlement
- Assisted car purchase scheme for support staff
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to the money advice service
- Salary sacrifice for cycle scheme
- Discounts and concessions through national and local retailers including travel, shopping, leisure, health and wellbeing, motoring and eye care voucher scheme
- Discounted local bus season ticket
- Medway Council offers
- Training opportunities through our CPD programme
For further details please contact the school office on 01634 334344.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children, therefore any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 16th August 2021
Interview: week commencing Monday 23rd August 2021