Burnt Oak Primary School
Kent ME7 1LS
Phone: 01634 334344
Fax: 01634 336689
“Enjoy, Achieve, Succeed”
“Burnt Oak Primary School believes that their school can make a difference to the pupils within it.”
Could you be part of the team that makes that difference?
Burnt Oak Primary School is a vibrant and welcoming school situated in lower Gillingham. We are a two-form entry school with a Nursery. The school is well resourced and has excellent ICT facilities. We have motivated and happy pupils who are eager to learn.
Through the dedication of the staff team, Burnt Oak Primary School succeeds in providing a learning environment where everyone, pupils and staff, are helped to succeed. It is this dedication which led to the school achieving both the Inclusion Quality Mark and Centre of Excellence status in both 2017 and 2018.
Burnt Oak Primary School prides itself on its highly creative curriculum and the extensive extra-curricular activities which it offers pupils. Teachers are encouraged to be innovative and to engage pupils through exciting learning opportunities. Testament to the high quality of this curriculum are our recent Gold Sports Games and Best Literacy Innovation Awards.
As a result of good teaching and effective support, children get off to a good start to their learning in early years. As a school we have high expectations of our pupils and have over the last 2 years increased the proportion of pupils achieving 'expected' in reading, writing and maths by 30%.
Visits to the school to meet pupils and staff are warmly welcomed.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant – Bilingual Learners
Grade: C2 – Salary: £21,589 - £28,785 per annum pro rata (based on a full time week of 37 hours)
Hours: 31.5 hours per week, term time only including Staff Development Days
Required From: ASAP
We are looking for someone who:
- is experienced, dedicated and highly motivated
- can plan and implement programmes to raise the achievement of pupils with English as an additional language (EAL)
- support the management and organisation of EAL/bilingual pupils in the classroom, in small groups and in one to one situations
Previous training and experience of working with EAL pupils is essential together with high standards of literacy and numeracy and the ability to work as part of a friendly and supportive team.
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous maternity and paternity leave and pay entitlement
- Generous adoption leave and pay entitlement
- Assisted car purchase scheme for support staff
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to the money advice service
- Salary sacrifice for childcare vouchers/cycle scheme
- Discounts and concessions through national and local retailers including travel, shopping, leisure, health and wellbeing, motoring and eye care voucher scheme
- Discounted local bus season ticket
- Medway Council offers
- Training opportunities through our CPD programme
For further details or to arrange an informal visit please contact the school office on 01634 334344.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children, therefore any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 10th June 2019
Interview: week commencing Monday 17th June 2019